Milwaukee High Asset Divorce Attorney
Addressing Complex Concerns in High Asset Divorce
While there are complex, often highly contested, issues in any divorce, issues become even more challenging when there are significant assets at stake. From addressing issues of child support to allocating property, our attorneys at Reddin & Singer, L.L.P. have the experience, attentiveness, and dedication to help clients resolve high asset divorce issues. Contact us to consult with a sophisticated Milwaukee family law attorney.
Reasonable rates, and we accept most major credit cards
Free consultation about your complex or high asset divorce
In Wisconsin, the presumption is that all assets and debts acquired during a marriage are marital and will be divided equally in divorce. However, in divorce cases where significant assets and complex property interests are involved, property division becomes a much more involved process.
- Family business interests or business property: Is the goal to dissolve the business and split the interest or will one spouse buy out the other spouse's share? What is the value of the business?
- Rental property: What is the value of the property? What is the value of the income derived from the property?
- Lawsuits or claims: What is the potential future value (or loss) of pending lawsuits or claims that have not yet been settled
- Intellectual property: What is the future value of a patent for an idea that has not yet fully evolved?
- Professional licenses: What value can be given to a spouse's professional license or advanced degree — especially when that degree would not have been possible without the other spouses financial support or support to the household?
- Child support: Does the income qualify for the high asset standard of child support calculation?
- Offshore bank accounts: Can offshore bank accounts and hidden assets be accounted for and allocated?
Whether establishing a QDRO for the future distribution of retirement funds, allocating employee stock options, obtaining a qualified business valuation, or structuring future payments of a business buyout, our family law attorneys know how to effectively address the complex property division issues that frequently arise in high asset divorces. We work with tax advisors, forensic accountants, and other experts to ensure your interests are fully preserved now and into the future.
Contact us in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, for experienced representation in your high asset divorce.